Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

gss model sxs refrig. defrost problem, Ihave replaced machine

gss model sxs refrig. defrost problem, Ihave replaced machine control and bimetal ,still shows signs of only partial defrost
have you replaced the single heater with the new double heater that g.e. has finally redisigned? they had alot of problems with the heaters and had to change them to a double heater. the heater would burn out or not get hot enough to defrost completely.the new heater assembly part # XXXXX XXXXX try changing this it should be fine, let me know, Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Bryan, the first time i checked machine there was no defrost checked heater and bimetal both good for cont. thats how i got to machine control board. Is new machine board timed for new double heater

yes and you cant even buy the single heater anymore they discontinued it, check the bi metal again make sure it hasnt failed but I do alot of these so I believe its the heater.thanks Bryan