Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years in the appliance repair field.

GE gas stove XL44 both high and low broiler functions work

GE gas stove XL44 both high and low broiler functions work but bake function won't.
The most likely thing is a bad bake element. You can unplug the unit, pull the bake element out and see if it has continuity. If it doesnt or it is burnt somewhere then replace it.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
this is a gas stove. It seems like you are talking about an electric stove. Otherwise I don't understand the term element for a gas stove.
Ok, then the most likely problem is the ignitor. Can you see the ignitor start glowing red hot? Do you have a clamp on ampmeter?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the top broiler function ignites and the low broiler function ignites so I am thinking that the bake function control is broken. Is there a separate igniter for the bake function?

Is your broiler a in the top of the oven, or in the oven drawer? Can you get me the complete model # XXXXX?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have marked model number JGBP34GEP and then I wrote 2WH to the side. The broiler is on the top so I believe you are going to say that the lower oven heat igniter is the problem.
That is the most common problem, however it could be several other things. To test it you have to have a clamp on ampmeter. Try to see if you can see it glow red when you turn the oven on, you may have to pull out the drawer out and look in there to see it. Check that and report your findings back here.