Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have an frigidaire refrig. (model #FRS26XGCB) with an icemaker

I have an frigidaire refrig. (model #FRS26XGCB) with an icemaker (model #M1) Just recently it started leaking from underneath the freezer side (it's a sidebyside) I can not tell where it is actually coming from. Inside the freezer part there is frozen water at the bottom. How can I trouble shoot this to find out where it is coming from or what part to get???
you most likely have a blocked defrost drain. this is very common. if you remove the back panel inside freezer section look under the coils and you will probably see a sheet of ice .under that ice there is a drain hole in the middle take hot water and melt this ice untill it drains freely.this should fix your problem. let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I removed the panel and poured hot water and it was still plugged so I ran a small flexable cleaner tube (it came with my bunn coffeemaker) through the drain hole and finally unplugged it. There was some water build up deposit in the drain hose also. Presto it started draining. I plugged the refrig. back up and now I'll see if it works. Thanks so much for helping me trouble shoot this problem you are great!!