Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

i have a ge side by side fridge model# XXXXX the compressor

i have a ge side by side fridge model# XXXXX the compressor and freezer fan run continuously dont cycle off even when set to lowest setting seems to be cooling fine any ideas where to start
can you tell me if there is any frost on the back panel inside the freezer section, you may have to move food to look real good, let me know , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

if you have no frost then it could be a main control board problem. can you check the temps. in freezer and ref. section? do you have a thermometer for this? if its not cold enough the thermostat will try to compensate for this by running the fans and compressor to bring temp.down. if this isnt problem remove panel in back of freezer and check the frost pattern on coils. these should be evenly frosted all the way down coils. light frost not to much. let me know .Bryan

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I cant find my digital therm there is no frost on the coils
you have no frost on the coils in the freezer? thats not good,you may have a burnt board , can you unplug ref. and take the cover off the on the back side of ref. its on the right side and its about 1/3 of the way up from bottom and should have three 1/4" inch screws holding it on. this is where your board is. click here to see board. if you can remove this board and look at the other side see if it has a burn where the solder connections are . let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
it looks like there is a transistor on the board that is burnt thanks
thats what i was afraid of , you need to replace the board, please press accept and if you could leave feedback for others to read ,thanks Bryan