Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

While I was warming up something in my JVM1870BF02 microwave

While I was warming up something in my JVM1870BF02 microwave oven this morning there was a popping sound. The microwave continued to rotate and the light was on, but the food wasn't warmed. I've tried a couple other items and it looks and sounds like it's working but there's no warming.
sounds like you blew the high voltage diode. microwaves are very dangerous to work on. I recomend calling for service, these store lethal amounts of voltage in capacitor even when microwave is unplugged. please cal service tech to repair this, also these are sometimes more expensive to repair than replace, ask about service charges and labor before making appointment, hope this helps Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you Bryan.
your very welcome,I just dont want to see you get hurt trying to repair this,be safe.well wishes, thanks Bryan