Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Kenmore 110 26912690 series 90. need to replace coupler

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
let me check your model so i can tell you how to remove cabinet, thats the best way to replace these, give me a little while though my internet is down and i needed to use my wireless card and its alot slower than broadband at home. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Ok.. I need to know how to get the cabinet removed.. let me know

Bill

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
you have end caps on this ,you need to take a screw driver and put it in the back top of these end caps and pry up and forward to release end caps . when these are off you should see two screws on the bottom front of control panel, take these out and pull the control forward and up and let it lean back . then you will see two gold clips holding the cabinet down releasethes and remove the wire connector to lid switch and tip cabinet forward and then slide out from bottom , once thats done you will see two clips holding pump remove these and then the one on the motor and remove motor, and thats where your coupling is, replace and do reverse to reassemble. hope this helps, thanks Bryan, heres a diagram of the control anel end end caps #14 are ends caps. click here http://ww w.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/retrieveSubComponentPartsAction.action?modelNumber=11026912690&productCategoryId=0153200&brandId=0582&modelName=AUTOMATIC%20WASHER&diagramPageId=00004&componentDescription=CONTROL%20PANEL&documentId=10043994&backToLink=Return%20to%20Sub%20Components%20list
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Ok Bryan.. I will give that a try.. Also have a Kenmore dryer. Kenmore series 90

Part # 110 76912690 76912. How do you take the front panel off to get into the

burner assembly to clean.

Bill

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
yes , does this model dryer have a bottom panel under door? if not take the the lint filter ouy and you will see two screws ,remove thes and put a screw driver between top and cabinet and pry up. then look down the inside, along side and you should see two 5/16" or 1/4" screws holding font on remove these unplug the door switch and tilt toward you and lift off the bottom clips. hope this helps, please press accept and if you get a chance please leave feedback for others to read, thanks Bryan,
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Bryan..

The dryer has a panel under the door. Looks like a couple of clips there, but

I dont know how to access them.

Bill

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok just take a scew driver and go straight in at the clips and push under them while pulling out on the top of panel and they will release and the panel will tip down. let me Know, Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I will give that a try.

Thanks,

Bill

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok , let me know thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
if your happy with my answers please press accept , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Everthing worked out ok..

Thank you,

Bill

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
thats great thanks for the accept, well wishes Bryan