Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Top load washer mo.#11027872600; has ATC switch, time delay,new

Top load washer mo.#11027872600; has ATC switch, time delay,new 3-speed motor#8578884 never starts when turned on but sometimes trips breaker.   All wiring has been checked and fuse. Has plastic timer with split shaft. (3 yrs. old)
give me a liitle while have to step out to do a job and will be back with you after, I've had this problem before I just have to do a little research on it. thanks Bryan
I believe this has a bad timer, I've had this problem on another kenmore washer the same model.did you say you changed the timer? if you have then this may be in the speed control switch, does it fill with water before tripping breaker? let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No I didn't change the timer. I did put in the new motor. When I first saw it it had a little water in the basket but wouldn't do anything. Yes, it will fill partially with water but before it goes into agitation it clicks - then it won't go. When I try it again it trips the breaker about every other time.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
OOPS! Wife is running computer and I forgot very important info! When I first checked amps washer was pulling the ampmeter went out of sight and tripped the breaker.
does it click almost like a clunk clunk clunk noise like the motor is try to start and stop start and stop like that, sometimes these timers can send a signal to motor for fast speed and slow speed at the same time causing this to happen , I've also had one like this that had a bad capacitor on motor and this also caused similar symptoms, try changing motor start capacitor before going to timer, let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Bryan, It does not act like it is trying to start and stop but just makes a simple one-click. I will try changing the motor start capacitor as you have suggested.

Thanks for your help. How do we let you know? Customer~