Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a built in microwave. The inside light and fan wont

I have a built in microwave. The inside light and fan won't shut off, whether door is open or closed. HELP!

you have a stuck door switch. can you get me model # XXXXX I'll look it up for you. thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks! EWAVE KOT-152
these are the micro switches for microwaves ,they are located in the control panel area behind the touchpad assembly. a word of caution though microwaves are a dangerous machine to work on even unplugged they can hold a lethal amount of voltage stored in capicitor.if your not sure what to do than I recomend calling service tech. take a look at the switch and let me know click here http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSearch/SSPartDetail.aspx?PartID=1206671&PPStack=1 thanks Bryan