Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My 6 year old frididaire side by side refrigerator is making

Customer Question

My 6 year old frididaire side by side refrigerator is making a buzzing/humming sound about every 5 minutes on the freezer side. It sounds like it has something to do with the icemaker.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.

is this making ice? is the ref. cooling properly? check your temp. if possible. you may be hearing the compressor relay buzzing. it sometimes sounds like its in the freezer, pull ref. out from wall amd listen down the bottom in rear and see if the sound is comming from there, let me know, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes, the freezer is making ice. i pulled the fridge out and it is louder in the back, towards the bottom
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
your compressor relay is going and its not starting the compressor, you have to get this fixed fast because its going to start defrosting shortly! can you get me the model # XXXXX i'll look it up for you, also do you have an appliance parts store nearby? this is going to start defrosting soon and you will loose your food. let me know. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Bryan, the model # XXXXX XXXXX Is this something Sears will carry?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
this is the relay you need but you cant go to sears with this part # XXXXX number is XXXXX sites own stock # XXXXX sears wont know the number, just give them your model and serial # XXXXX they will look it up .click here to see part hope this helps Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thanks for your help.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
thank you if you have any further questions just ask. thanks again Bryan