Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a frigidaire front load washer model number FWT449GFS1.

I have a frigidaire front load washer model number   FWT449GFS1. The unit will not spin or agitate. I checked the coin catcher and cleaned it out. NO luck, it started to spin then stopped and will not spin. It drains fine.
is the door lock light comming on? is the door locked? check the door the latch catch pictured here and make sure is not broken,click here let me know if door lock light is on. thanks Bryan, if all the things abaove are ok you may have a bad control board
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The door lock light is coming on. The door locks. The door latch seems to be perfect. Please let me know how to open the washer from the top and let me know how to access the spped control board. I would like to check the wiring to ensure nothing is loose before I spend the money for parts. Thanks again.
heres a diagram of machine. when looking form the front of machine the motor control board is in the back right conner bottom Part# XXXXX on diagram. hope this helps Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX the part and have it off. It looks a little black. Now my question is whether to fix a 12 year old machine for $300.00 or spend a little more and get a new machine that is higher quality.

Thanks again,

well thats a though question, the new machines are having alot of trouble with electronics also.whirlpool duet is about the best I guess but dont hold me to it!