Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My ACF3355AW oven does not heat or maintain temperature properly.

Customer Question

My ACF3355AW oven does not heat or maintain temperature properly. For example, if you set it to 350 it only heats to about 275. There is no gas odor or other indication of malfunction.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
you more than likely have a bad oven sensor , click here to see part this is probably why it doesnt stay consitant if this is not the problem than you need a new electronic range control (clock assembly) I would change this sensor first though since its only $19.00 and the erc is $192.00 hope this helps Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Am I correct that the range needs to be pulled away from the wall to do this?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
well thst depends on whether the 1/4 screws are on the inside off oven at top back where the sensor is located ,look inside oven and see if no screws then you need to remove the back panel. sometimes even with the screws inside you cant get the plug on the sensor through the inside wall of oven it gets hung up and then you still may have to take the back panel off to remove. let me know Bryan