Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Unit Beeps, And will not lock/start

Unit Beeps, And will not lock/start
can you give me more info,what make and model# XXXXX is this a washer? let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
MODEL NUMBER (FAV6800AWW) NEPTUNE WASHER - CODE OP ON PANEL, SAYS DOOR / LID OPEN, IT IS NOT, AND WILL NOT ENGAGE LOCK AND START.
these have problems with both the main control boards and lock assembly, more than likely though its your lock assembly. when you close the door it sends a signal to the board via a micro switch these go bad and dont tell the board the door is closed. heres a link to lood at switch and order it , http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSearch/SSPartDetail.aspx?PartID=1033123&PPStack=1 I would change this before anything else. hope this helps. thanks Bryan