Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my ge oven model jtp15 has the flashing locked door on the

Customer Question

my ge oven model jtp15 has the flashing "locked door" on the control panel and the oven will not work. The door can open too. How do I reset the oven?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
it sounds like you have a bad switch in door lock assembely .can you give me full model # ? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The model # XXXXX XXXXX

I can open the door and I have shut the breaker switch off for 15 min, turned it back on and the "Locked Door" keeps blinking and the oven wont work. I also tried jerkin the metal lock to see if I could jarr it but that didnt work either.

I was reading another post and they said a technician came in and pressed several buttons at once to reset the oven. Do you know this?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
click here to see door lock assembly. one of these switches in this is probably bad. you probably need to replace door lock assembly, hope this helps Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Ok. I will save this info however, I would like to try the reset function first if possible. Do you kmow the buttons that I need to push at the same time to reset the oven?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
well see I you cant just reset this.this the switch is bad which means its stuck in and you have to replace it. this switch is not connecting so its not sending power to erc and the oven wont work, it could be the motor on switch assembly is bad and not returning the cam to the right position to run the oven, you try going to self clean and see if it goes to self clean it may come back out and then work but I've seen this before and always had to replace lock assembly. hope this helps ,bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Ok then. I will order the product and install it. Thank you!!!
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
your welcome sorry about delay in reply , thanks Bryan