Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We have a whirlpool duet washer Mode # XXXXX and when

Customer Question

We have a whirlpool duet washer Mode # XXXXX and when my wife starts the washer we get a reading that says F VL in the screen. It won't run. This happens more than not
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
let me see if I can find model in database, you may have a bad door lock assembly. thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How would I get instructions or directions and part # XXXXX be able to do this repair?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
you have the model that breaks the little pin or the switch in door latch assembly, at the top of the door latch assembly there is a little plastic pin sticking out and when you shut the door it pushes a little microswitch in and this little pin can break or the switch can go bad and not contact all the time, click here to see latch assembley. http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSearch/SSPartDetail.aspx?PartID=1094190&PPStack=1 if you look at picture on the right you can see the small pin sticking down on the left side bottom of latch. this will be at the top of latch on machine itself not the door, check this and get back to me ,thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
are you sure the code is f vl? cant find that code.Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
are you still needing more info? I'm still here to help, let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
How difficult is it to repair and would you be able to provide me instructions on replacing the switch? Also, we have a duet dryer, which I wanted to ask about also, I am new to this site and didn't realize each question is $15.00. The model # XXXXX the dryer is GEW9200LT1. My question is our clothes keep getting burn marks - long brown streaks in the clothes. Do you have a solution, part and instructions to repair this also? I appreciate you help.
Thank you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Are you able to help me with my replay above
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
sorry long day, to replace the switch you have to open the top of machine and you will see switch assembly down on the right side of the door . to remove top there are screws on the back that you remove and the lift the back of the top up and side it back from under the front section, take the screws out of switch in the front where the door closes and then unplug wires from switch. as far as the dryer goes this is more than likely the rear drum seal this is a little more difficult to replace , you need to take the drum out to do it, I'll have to look this up. hope this helps I'll get back to you tomorrow on dryer, I work allot of hours and will try to get info before work , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you. Have you been paid any $ for anything that you've helped me with? Please let me know as I'm not out to cheat you, but this site is not the most clear and concise. I appreciate your help and support and can empathize with you and the hours you work. I also work lots of hours.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
thanks I did get paid and will also keep working on your dryer solution I'm just so tired right now can really think straight and dont want to give bad info. I will however work on this in morning. thanks again. Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
You are so kind. I appreciate all your help!
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok talk to you tomorrow, Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
here is your drum seal for your dryer, click here http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSearch/SSPartDetail.aspx?PartID=1065278&PPStack=1 I will have to get back to you on how to replace its a big job, I'll see if I can get this info to you sometime later today, need to go work soon, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

again, I appreciate your help. Take your time as parts probably won't be in stock.

Thanks

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok I'm on the road in my van and working but I'll get back to you later, thanks Bryan