Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Kitchen Aid dishwasher (installed new in 1998). The

I have a Kitchen Aid dishwasher (installed new in 1998). The door is closed and latched and the latch assembly is very loose and no longer functioning. How can I get the door open to attempt to repair/replace this latch? Thank you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
thats a though one. can you get the model #? problem is its inside machine,do you have it written down anywhere? without seeing latch asembly I cant tell you what to do to open it. I'll try looking up different d/w's but hard to tell which one you have.let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

For some freaky reason, I was able to manipulate the loose latch and get it to open. It is still too loose and NOT as it was when functional.

The model # XXXXX XXXXX (Kitchen Aid)

The SN is #FH2602_43 if that matters. This appears to be an electronic switch vs. a mechanical one. Do you sell the replacement part? It is the actual lever/ handle on the outside that is flimsy and loose. Would this be obvious to you which part needs replaced?

I have to leave for a little while but can respond to you later. Thank you.

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
yes they do sell replacement latch assembly click here to see and you can order it at this site also, hope this helps thanks Bryan