Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Bryan, I do not hear anything but the timer activating. the

Customer Question

Bryan, I do not hear anything but the timer activating. the model is PYE2300AYW and is an electric dryer. Where would I find the part, and how difficult is it to replace? Is this up by the timer unit, or in the bottom section?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok you probably have a bad thermal fuse, very common on this machine,this is thermal fuse set , you use two of these thermostats to fix your problem. one of the small ones is for a gas dryer and one is for eletric dryer it comes with instructions to tell you which two to use. do you have a volt meter and know how to use it? let me know , I would like you to check door switch before ordering thermal kit. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I do have a tester and could test the door switch. Is that something I need to disassemble first? I am not familiar with dryers, but have used electronics equipment in the past.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
more than likely than not its the thermal fuse, but they way to open top is there are clips about 2-3 inches in from side of machine on both sides if you take a screw driver and push these clips in the top will lift up. once thats up you can get at door switch , you will also see heat elelment in back thats where the thermal fuse is located on the righ side of heater asm about three inches down with two white wires attached. let me know and I'll tell you how to get it out , thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.

Hi XXXXX noticed you paid twice, you don't have to pay every time you ask me question, just ask the question on the first post. thats why I couldn't find your model you reposted question and I didst catch it. just stay on one and if you like we can get you refund on one of these payments. thanks Bryan