Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Maytag Performa Dryer purchased in 2000. It stopped

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Performa Dryer purchased in 2000. It stopped running suddenly and the timer is still operational. Any idea why the drum doesn't work... any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
do you hear the motor start? if not then you probably have a bad thermal fuse, if you give me full model # XXXXX will look it up for you thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
In under 5 minutes I received a response from Bryan and I know I would not have gotten that by phone. I am truly impressed. Thank You
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
sorry was eating dinner this time,let me know if you have a meter and I'll tell you what to check, then if it is thermal fuse I can tell you how to change when you get it. these are a little tricky to install, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Bryan, I do have a meter, I was inquiring as to the location of the thermal fuse and if it is uptop or in the back side, and if I need to take apart the dryer to get to it and the door switch? Do you have the parts of need if that is it?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
well I can give you links for parts ,they dont allow us to supply parts , to bad though because I carry them. as far as location it is in the top back of machine and you get to it by lifting the top of machine ,no need to dismatle machine.I'll send you diagram of location and link to buy did you send me model #? I dont see it now. please resend . thanks Bryan. P.S they dont call me speedy for nothing,lol
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
I believe I found you model # XXXXX this is your thermal fuse kit, for some reason the reply when you gave me model # XXXXX XXXXX is your model # XXXXX? if it is this is your info on location of parts in machine click this link t/retrieveSubComponentPartsAction.action?modelNumber=PYE2300AYW&productCategoryId=0151200&brandId=3048&modelName=DRYER&diagramPageId=00005&componentDescription=HEATER&documentId=M0512354&backToLink=Return%20to%20Sub%20Components%20list and you will see the parts, #5 is thermal fuse #3 is the control thermostat, you have to change both they come in a kit anyway,let me know if you need anything else thanks Bryan