The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

My insinkerator with in-drain on/off switch will not turn off.

My insinkerator with in-drain on/off switch will not turn off. Can this be fixed?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer

What is the model number of your unit, please

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is an in-sink-erator PRO 17 (contractor model)

Ok I will look this up and get back to you shortly.

Thank you.

Ok just so you know I am still trying to locate the information you need.

Thank you for your patience.

Ok I located some information on your unit.

first of all it has a 7 year parts and service warrenty. If the unit may be within this warrenty period please call 1(NNN) NNN-NNNNfor information about a free service call to repair the unit.

If it is not under the warrenty period then you should first look under the counter and locate a part that slips around the top collar of the unit. This is a magnetic pick up that detects the magnets in the switsh/stopper. If it has slipped then you need to place it back in position. This should fix the problem. If that is not the problem then you will need to call the same number as above to determine where the nearest service and parts store is located in your area.

Once you have this information give them a call and tell them that the magnetic pickup of your unit has failed. They will arrange for you to purchase the new part.

If this answer satisfies your question please click the accept button. I will not be paid if you dont.
You can always ask follow up questions after you accept. I will be here to answer them.
If for some reason you are not happy. Please tell me before you accept.
Feedback is how we make sure we provide the best answers available.
Please click on the "Leave Feedback" link after you have accepted. A simple "good job" is all it takes.

Best regards, XXXXX XXXXX Smithy

Experience: 30 years repairing appliances