north durham appliance
north durham appliance, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  23yrs onroad service whirlpool/maytag specialist over 25,000 calls completed factory trained
12151129

I have an Admiral Designer Series electric stove that starting

I have an Admiral Designer Series electric stove that starting blazing when it was self cleaning. Now it has a F1 error and I think it also gives an F5 error too. Oven will no longer work. Please help!
f1 fualt code is a clock error f5 is a door latch error it most likely that the door latch is still sensing that it is locked if so when put back on clean latch should lock and unlock constantly no t allowing anything to occur or the thermal high temperature saftey thermostat is opened up causingthe oven not ot function if you are handy and have a multimeter i could assist you further otherwise it might be best to call in a tech to look at the problem hope this helps and is an acceptible answer if so please click accept and thank you Kevin if you do want to proceed feel free to ask for more advice
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I would like your help in trying to fix this myself, but I don't have a multimeter.

Where could I borrow or rent one? If I got one, would I just continue to contact you here for more help? Otherwise, considering the cost of calling a Tech, I would probably just buy another stove.

you should be able to buy a low cost multimeter for about 10 to 15 dollars yes you can always ask for info on here
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Will I be charged more money every time I hit accept?
no it is a 1 time fee i believe you dont have to click accept to look at the answers though if you are concerned about being double charged hope this helps kevin
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
But you don't get paid, if I don't hit accept?
no i dont but you have already hit accept and i have already been paid thank you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
OK, I'll be getting back with you soon. I'm on the hunt for a multimeter. Thanks for your help!
ok great but i will be out this evening at a concert im leaving sooni may be able to respond later tonight if im home early enough if not i can try in the morning it is 5pm est here and please supply the stoves model #
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Oh wow! Enjoy the concert. I probably won't be getting back with you until Friday or so. It's 5pm here too so we must be close. Are you in Durham NC? I'm VA. I'll have the stove #.
no im east of toronto ontario canada leave this window up with no response until you want to contact me again that way the question will come to me directly talk to you soon kevin
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Unfortunately, I can't leave this window up. I'm at work. So we'll have to do it this way. Sorry!
ok
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Hi Kevin,

Well I ended up finding a Tech who diagosed me without a charge. The multimeter thing was way out of my league! He told me to try unplugging it for a least 20 minutes and maybe the computer would reset itself. It that doesn't work, I'm looking at about $250 to $300 in parts and labor. So I'm off to shop for a new one...with mixed emotions!:)

Thanks for all your help!