Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Hotpoint WF530 washer just started making a loud, intermittent

My Hotpoint WF530 washer just started making a loud, intermittent clicking sound when pumping and spinning, kind of like a playing card flicking through bicycle wheel spokes. It will do it when just pumping (no drum movement) and when spinning, though not constantly through the whole cycle. I also occasionally heard a sound like a small piece of hardware (nut or screw) was clinking on the outside of the drum. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
check real good inside tub for a nail or something in one of the holes in tub, also if it does it in drain without even spinning you may have something in your pump. take hoses off pump and remove pump and look inside to see if you have someyhing in this. let me know Bryan