Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my maytag side by side model MSD2655HEW is about 5 yrs. old.

my maytag side by side model MSD2655HEW is about 5 yrs. old. The freezer quit working but the refrig. is ok. The freezer part makes a buzz sound about every 5-10 min.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
are you sure buzz sounds not comming from behind ref.? pull ref away from wall and listen down near the bottom I think the sound your hearing is compressor relay. let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
There is a black box plugged into the white box. the white box has 3 wires one blue and 2 white-is the relay the white box or the black box, and what will we have to do if it is the compressor relay
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
well you can probably replace this yourself. is that where the noise is comming from? I'll look up relay, let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes the noise is comming from there, just let us know which relay it is.
Thanks so much!
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
this is the replacement relay for this model click here http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSearch/SSPartDetail.aspx?PartID=1159182&PPStack=1 it probably doesnt look like yours , is this ref. over five years old? if its not you may want to have a tech do this because if its compressor thats bad and its under five years old the compressor should be covered under warranty, but not relay its electrical but if you replace this and the compressor is bad then they may try to void your warranty, let me know Bryan