Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I HAVE A TAPPAN RANGE MODEL#MEF364BGWA ITS 5 TO 10 YRS . THE

I HAVE A TAPPAN RANGE MODEL#MEF364BGWA ITS 5 TO 10 YRS . THE TROUBLE IS IT WILL NOT STAY ON THE TEMP YOU PUT IT ON. YOU HAVE TO CONSTANTLY PUSH THE THERMOSTAT KNOB UNTIL THE OVEN BUNER TURNS RED , SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO DO THIS SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE THIS WILL WORK . THE TOP BROILER WORKS FINE SO FAR AND ALL THE BURNERS EXCEPT THE TOP FRONT BURNER ITS ALITTLE SLOW BUT STILL HEATS ,IHAVE PLACED ANEW HEATING THERMOSTAT IN IT AND HAVE HAD THE HEATING ELEMENT CHECKED ITS FINE . I NEED TO FIND OUT WHAT THE REAL PROBLEM IS BEFORE I SPEND AWHOLE LOT OF MONEY ON THE WRONG THING . PLEASE HELP THANKS WANDA.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
let me check ypour model # XXXXX'll be back shortly, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
you say you replaced the thermostat and the element checks out fine? have you check power at connections in the back where wires connect to bottom element? you should get 220 volts at this.I'm still looking at other causes such as probe , let me know voltage. thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
is this what you replaced when you said thermostat? this is your clock asembly this is what control oven did you replace this? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
this is wandas husband i dont know what happend but she said after paying what ever it was she said she never got an answer.to the problem . she said the screen went to a survey and that was it , i dont mind paying for an answer but this site needs to get together with its program iam not gonin to sit here and keep paying for answers .so if she said she paid she paid she said ya said nothing about adown payme nt and then pay a technition so whats up wheres her answer to the question she asked for ? Thank you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
dont pay anymore, i'll still help you but I need more info on what was done to this ,did you click the link above and look at the clock? is this what she replaced? I cant help unless I know all the info I asked above, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician