Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

appliance has suddenly got mind of its own. both dishdrawers

Customer Question

appliance has suddenly got mind of its own. both dishdrawers switch on without any instruction and start running dry. after switching off, it all starts again after 2 minutes.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
you may have a stuck keypad or a bad control board, can you get me make and model#.>? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
its A Fisher & Paykel.... both dishdrawers have exactly same problem. since they have individual keypads it would be rare coincidence that both have pads are faulty
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
then it is probably a bad main control board, these are very complicated machines and you should call a service man so you don't replace something and have the same problem. but ill almost bet its control board.both keypads go to one control board I believe so it makes sense the control is sending signals to start. I know its not what you wanted to hear (call for service) but these parts are expensive and it would be worth it to you so you don't spend money on part you don't need.they need to diagnose problem and if they make mistake you shouldn't have to pay for part they install if it doesn't work. hope this Helps, thanks Bryan