Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My dishwasher leaves detergent on the dishes and doesnt seem

Customer Question

My dishwasher leaves detergent on the dishes and doesn't seem to hit dishes in the middle of the rack. I have the water temperature in my house set at 60 degrees C which is pretty hot. What can the problem be? My dishewasher is a GE dishwasher Quietpower 3 and I used the normal wash setting. Should I use the Hot Wash or Hot Start? Is there a problem with the water pressure?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
it sounds like you not getting enough water,how much water is in the bottom after filling. can you get me model # ? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

The model is GE GLD5900. It says QuietPower 3. I just got it yesterday and I live in Tokyo, where service for US appliances is hard to come by. The Japanese gas company guy who sold it to us is a bit nonplussed as Japanese don't use dishwashers much.

OK I just started running it. It seems to be going full tilt. I opened it and although the inside is wet I don't see any water in the bottom. There's a grating but no water above the top of it.

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
you probably need a water valve for this. I can get you a link so you can see part. its right under the front kick panel on the left side I believe. link hope this helps and god bless , Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thank you. I'll tell the gas guy here.

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
thanks Bryan, best wishes!