Ask Accurate Appliance Service Your Own Q...

Accurate Appliance Service
Accurate Appliance Service, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  5 Years in business, Authorized Service Company for 3 manufacturers, NATE Cert. for HVAC
12391992

Frigidaire Affinity front load washer stops at the spin cycle

Customer Question

My Frigidaire Affinity front load washer stops at the spin cycle. It does fine and then 3 beeps- no error code- and the machine shuts off. the beeps are similar to when the washer completes the cycle normally- 3 beeps, 3 time and the door unlocks. what could cause this? The load size is medium. Not even close to being a full load. 2 prs of jeans, 1 sweatshirt, 4 cotton blouses.

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Accurate Appliance Service replied 6 years ago.
Is there any water in the machine? Can you get the machine to drain it out? Which model is it?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

There appears to be water only because the clothes are soaking wet. When i try to use the spin only setting, it sounds like it is draining but the clothes, as i said, are soaking wet. I will pull out the paperwork and let you know the exact model number- the machine is less than 2 years old. I am heading back to the house shortly and will give you that information.

Once before we had a similar problem but an error code E30 flashed and we opened up the machine and emptied out the small white basket and that fixed the problem. We have not done that yet since no error code flashed and I didn't want to open up the machine without finding out where to look first.

The model is ATF6000ESI if that helps.

Don't forget, if there isn't a big enough load to balance, it can't spin out. I can't tell you how many calls I get from users who have one bath rug, one sweater etc. The machine cannot balance it so it can't spin out. Does the drum tumble at all, even in a wash cycle?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yes it tumbles fine. It goes through all the cylcles right up until the final spin cycle and beeps and shuts off, no error codes. And its definitely not underloaded or overloaded. Out of sheer frustration last night, I unplugged the washer, waited a few minutes, and plugged it back in. It did the complete cyle, all the way to the end. I thought, well, great! Maybe it just needed to re-set the computer or something. The second load- once again, no spin cycle. So once again, I unplugged it and waited, ran it again and it worked. I shouldn't have to do this every time I wash a load though. What do you think this could mean?

And I should add that the only cycle it will run through completely on after I unplug it and plug it back in is the heavy duty cycle, which is the one with the extended spin cycle. This is really crazy!

I suppose I spoke too soon because now even that does not insure it will complete the cycle. I tried it again this morning and once again, it stops and shuts off at the spin cycle, leaving the clothes soaking wet.

I'd check the hose from the tub to the pump, I'll bet you have something stuck in there.
Experience: 5 Years in business, Authorized Service Company for 3 manufacturers, NATE Cert. for HVAC
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Ok, finally got the husband to open up the washer. He checked the hose and it was clear but the basket trap had lots of change in it so we emptied it and the washer appeared to run fine for a load. But on load 2, it still stops at the final spin. Any other suggestions? By the way, still no error code is appearing on the display panel.

I did some more online research and tried pressing the cancel and start buttons and holding them down until the washer beeped and an error code appeared. It was e47 and after looking that up and reading other people's posts on other fix-it type sites, I learned that if its not the pump or a blockage, it means the door sensor needs to be replaced. Even though the door is locking during usage, for some reason the computer doesn't receive that signal and it won't go into final spin. So I called a repairman, he tested it and replaced it and the washer once again works. Maybe this will help other people who have this problem. From what i saw on all the postings, this Affinity- all models-have this problem. It must be something in the manufacturing. Way too many people complained of the same thing I was having problems with for it to be a coincidence.

Thanks for trying though.