Frigidaire Affinity washer troubleshooting
Frigidaire Affinity front-loading washing machines are high-efficiency washers. They feature five wash cycles, including delicate and casual. Frigidaire boasts that the allergen cycle removes close to 100% of the allergens from the clothes. However, even with the most efficient washers, problems can arise.
If the washing machine makes a clanking or rattling sound:
- Shut off the washer
- Open the door and check for foreign objects, such as loose change
- Make sure clothes do not cause the sounds with metal snaps or buttons
- Restart the washer
- If the noise continues, the pump may have something caught in it
The Frigidaire Affinity is making a thumping sound.
- Stop the cycle
- Move the clothing around
- Check for foreign object
If there are too many clothes in the load, it is common for the washer to hear a thumping sound. Over-sized loads can make the machine off balanced. Washing shoes also cause loud thumping noises that can throw the machine off balance. Consider using a mesh shoe bag that attaches inside the drum, while washing shoes.
The washing machine vibrates
- Place a level on top of the washer
- Adjust the washer feet until the level on top of the washer reads level
- Unplug the power cord, wait for 30 seconds then plug it back in
- If the machine still does not start, shut off the water supply
- Check the fuses or breakers in the main breaker box
- If a breaker has flipped, switch it back on
- Replace any cloudy or blow fuses
- Turn back on the water, and start the washer
Frigidaire is not turning on
If the washer still does not turn on, the motor may have overheated. Wait for a half hour and try again.
The spin cycle leaves the clothes wet
The Affinity washer uses a sensor to determine the size of the load. If the load is too small, the spin cycle will not work properly. Large loads can throw the washer off balance, which can also leave clothes wet. Add more clothes to the smaller loads, and remove clothing from over-sized loads.
Wet Clothes After a Spin Cycle
Another possible cause for wet clothes after a spin cycle is a kinked drain hose. Turn off the incoming water, remove the drain hose, and straighten it. Then, reconnect the hose and start the washer.
The washer drum does not fill with water
Make sure the water inlet valves are completely turned on, and there are no kinks in the incoming water hoses. Next, go to a nearby sink or bathtub and turn the faucets completely on. While the water is on, start the washer. If the water pressure diminishes, the water supply to the entire house is probably low. If this is the case, the water must not be used in other areas of the home while the washer is running.
Troubleshooting a Frigidaire Affinity washer is a good way of keeping the repairman at bay. However, even the most tech-savvy troubleshooter could use a little assistance. If you have further questions about troubleshooting a Frigidaire Affinity washer, turn to an Expert for answers.