Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

We need to know how to reset our Frigidaire Electrolux Professional

We need to know how to reset our Frigidaire Electrolux Professional Series gas stove, it is displaying a PF Err code and is beeping non stop
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.

Hi, thanks for using PF means the power has been interrupted to the control. It should go away if you press the cancel/clear button.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
And if the Cancel/Clear button doesn't work what would you suggest? It is flashing between the PF and the F9 Errors
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.
If it won't clear, the control is likely bad. If I may have the model number I can look up the F9 code. I don't recall Frigidaire using F9, how old is this range?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The model # XXXXX It's about 5 years old.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.
Okay, it is confirmed a faulty oven control. You might try turning breaker off for about 10 minutes and see if that helps before replacing the control.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
So does that confirm that we need a technication in order to change the faulty control?
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.
Not necessarily, thay re not difficult to replace. You simply need to remove the rear panel and gain access to theclock assembly. I can instruct you if you wish...a service call will run around $100-150 depending on your location and which company you use.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Well we don't have the part right now. Another thing is, the oven door is locked, how can we get it open?
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.
Perhaps a reset of the power. You may need to pull the range out and access the lock assembly for the door. The door lock can cause F9, you may have a lock issue rather than EOC. The code is duplicated for either fault, but the PF should go away if it is a door lock failure. If you can pull it out and get to the the lock assembly to get the door open and then reset power and see if it will work then.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Where ont he back do we access the lock assembly? The back of the range is fully closed in. Do we need to remove this cover?