Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have an eight year old dishwasher that Ive never had problems

I have an eight year old dishwasher that I've never had problems with, but this afternoon about 1/3 into the washing cycle I had a huge puddle on the floor in front of it. It's not overflowing from inside; the water is coming out the bottom. What is the likely problem and is it fixable or should I just figure on getting a new one?
can you give me model#? you may have a bad pump seal or hose bad. let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The model number is XXXXX
ok you have a g.e. style pump and motor setup in this. these tend to leak in one place or another 1 the pump seal between motor and pump is leaking or 2 where the solenoid for drain goes through hole into pump is leaking .the best thing to do is remove bottom panels in the front of d/w and start cycle see where the water is comming from, I'm sending you link to pump and motor asm. take a look at it and if the water is comming out by the soleniod then you have to replace the whole asm. if its comming out between pump and motor they sell a rebiuld kit for this . let me know thanks Bryan. link click here http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSearch/SSPartDetail.aspx?PartID=820985&PPStack=1
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
There is a little bit of water dripping from a very small (maybe 1/4 inch?) white plastic tube sticking out from the bottom of the dishwasher right next to the large plastic tube going from the pump to the dishwasher compartment. When the pump really started going, water began spraying from a small hole in the large plastic tube. I think I will probably be able to replace the large tube, what do I do about the drip from the small one?
is this leak near the springs and solenoid? the solenoids is the black os white depending on pump with springs attached .let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
d
all I got from your last reply was (d)? let me know more when you can. thanks Bryan
need more info didnt get your last reply, thanks bryan