Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

How can you make an ice maker cycle

I have a Kitchenaide refridgerator that is not producing ice. I checked the line to be sure it was free but not until after I defrosted it, not the freezer, just the line. So now I don't know if it was just ice in it not letting water through or if it is something else. How can I get the selonoid valve to open to let water fow through?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
can you give me model #? If its fairly new ref. you can jump the thermostat to start cycle, I need model to check. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes, the model number is XXXXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok pull the front cover off the ice maker and you will see electronic module. strip a 3" piece of wire back about 3/4 of an inch and twist it good, the on the picture I'm sending you of module you will see to holes at about the 5 o'clock position marked t & h very carefully put wire into hole until the ice maker starts to cycle.hold wire in until you hear a faint click then remove and it should keep going around until it gets to water cycle and once it puts water in it will stop. be careful because these holes are live and you will get shocked if you touch bare wire. here is picture. hope this helps Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Sorry to not get back to you in such a long time. I just got your answer. I'm going to check, I'm going to accept your answer reguardless. Thanks for your information. I'll check back if I have any trouble.