John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Whirlpool Fridge Freezer model ART 481/R. The thermostat

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool Fridge Freezer model ART 481/R. The thermostat has broken down and I wish to replace the the unit which is situated in the top right hand side of the fridge compartment. However, I cannot work out how the unit is removed, can you help me?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob Schauer replied 8 years ago.
HelloCustomer My name isXXXXX you explain what part of the removal you are having trouble with? Does this thermostat have a copper tube on it? Have you gotten the control cover off? This information will help me to understand where your at in your project. Bob
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi Bob, it is the cover I cannot remove, it has some movement but only about 2-3 milimetres. There are no fixing screws that I can see and it doesn't want to release by sliding or compressing.
Customer Thats a tough one and I have been in your situation a few times myself. There is some way to get access to the control and you shouldn't have to break anything to do it. Just be patient and look at everything that could hold that cover in there. You might even have a friend take a look to see if they could see how its mounted. Sometimes two heads are better than one. You could even try talking to a local service company to see it they have a suggestion. I be waiting to hear what you find. Bob