Ask Accurate Appliance Service Your Own Q...
Accurate Appliance Service
Accurate Appliance Service, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  5 Years in business, Authorized Service Company for 3 manufacturers, NATE Cert. for HVAC
12391992

I HAVE A BOSCH EXXCEL 1200 EXPRESS WASHING MACHINE, WHICH WAS

Customer Question

I HAVE A BOSCH EXXCEL 1200 EXPRESS WASHING MACHINE, WHICH WAS LOVELY UNTIL IT STARTED GETTING A HORRID SMELL COMING FROM THE DRUM. IT IS SO BAD NOW IT MAKES MY WASHING SMELL. I HAVE HAD A LOOK IN ALL THE OBVIOUS PLACES FOR THE ANSWER, BUT AS YET NO LUCK, PLEASE HELP
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Accurate Appliance Service replied 8 years ago.

I imagine you are not in the US so you would not be able to get ahold of either Affresh tablets by Whirlpool or a product for cleaning spa tubs called "Whirlout". I hope you can get some liquid chlorine bleach, some white vinegar and some clean rags. What you'll need to do is to put the rags in the machine and run it on as hot a wash cycle as possible with at least 200cc of liquid bleach. The rags will insure that the bleachy water gets all around the inside of the drum. Then put about the same amount of vinegar in the rinse portion of a cycle or just run a rinse/spin cycle with the vinegar.

To prevent this in the future, leave the door open when not in use and minimize your use of detergents, you would be amazed at how little detergent these machines actually need per load.