Ask Accurate Appliance Service Your Own Q...
Accurate Appliance Service
Accurate Appliance Service, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  5 Years in business, Authorized Service Company for 3 manufacturers, NATE Cert. for HVAC

i bought a whirlpool side by side fridge freezer new (graded)

Customer Question

i bought a whirlpool side by side fridge freezer new (graded) in may and now the top area of the freezer has stopped working, also the ice maker. The top shelf does not freeze at all, the next shelf down the food is semi defrosted. The display on the front reads the temp -18 degrees for the freezer and 4 degrees for the fridge which are the temps i have been using from the beginning
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Accurate Appliance Service replied 8 years ago.
Sounds like the evaporator fan is not running. Is the fridges side maintaining proper temps? What is the model number?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

HI thanks for the reply, i think its a 20rb d3 or d4, i have had problems in the last couple of days with the veg in the fridge freezing up but thats all I have noticed.

Can you check to see if the evaporator fan is running. Is the fridge side maintaining proper temps?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the fridge seems to be maintaining temps, can you tell me where the evaporator fan is please? is it something i can fix myself?