Ask Accurate Appliance Service Your Own Q...
Accurate Appliance Service
Accurate Appliance Service, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  5 Years in business, Authorized Service Company for 3 manufacturers, NATE Cert. for HVAC

Micheal My 601R has an apparent coolant leak. I added coolant

Customer Question

My 601R has an apparent coolant leak. I added coolant once with th elocal Sub Zero reoair company here (TX) and the first time, they ran it to 12 psi. The came back within a month as they did not realize (told me) that an all refrigerator unit requires more (18 psi). The tripping deveive seems to be when I have the door open for any period of time (loading groceries) the compressor is on, but the circulation fan is off until the door is closed. I heard both times a discernible "click" and the compressor shutting down. Recently there have been various codes on the display. 18, 19, etc. What are your suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Accurate Appliance Service replied 8 years ago.
What are the first four numbers of your serial number? It should start with either a "P" or an "M".
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Has the evaporator ever been replaced with a(NNN) NNN-NNNN If not, it needs to happen. Not a do-it-yourself job. Parts should still be under warranty but you'll need to use a Sub-Zero authorized servicer. Don't let any "sweep-chargers" do the job either. Every Sub-Zero comes with a tag that tells the exact amount of refrigerant needed but the(NNN) NNN-NNNNuses a slightly different amount of refrigerant and includes a set of stickers to correct the tag, make sure the technician uses a charging cylinder to insure correct amount of refrigerant is installed into your system.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Is that a new evaporator?(NNN) NNN-NNNN- Okay, I checked on line and see it is.
Add yes, they had a pressur tank charger with dual valve and guages.
The unit is 9 years old, is that still warranty?
Sealed system parts are warranted by Sub-Zero for 12 years.