Ask Accurate Appliance Service Your Own Q...
Accurate Appliance Service
Accurate Appliance Service, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  5 Years in business, Authorized Service Company for 3 manufacturers, NATE Cert. for HVAC
12391992

I am getting rust spots on my clothes, some streaky lines,

Customer Question

I am getting rust spots on my clothes, some streaky lines, some just spots.

What is going on.

Thanks XXXXX 02139

XXX-XXX-XXXX cell phone
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Accurate Appliance Service replied 8 years ago.
Sounds like your dryer front beairng is worn out . Try lifting up on the dryer drum. If it moves up and down more than 1/8" it is probably the cause of the streaks. What brand and model do you have?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

It is a maytag neptune stacker. I screwed it up a few years ago by tyrying to wash heavy oversized rugs.

any idea about repair costs? maybe I should just get a new one

Did you check the dryer durm? How did it look? A dryer front bearing is very easy to replace in most cases. What is the model number?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ML 62000 AWW
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ML G2000 AWW is model number, not 6
If you look at this diagram http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/retrieveSubComponentPartsAct ion.action?diagramPageId=00005&componentDescription=TUMBLER&documentId=M0606009&modelNumber=MLG2000AWW&productCategoryId=0152000&brandId=3048&modelName=MAYTAG%20LAUNDRY&backToLink=Return%20to%20Sub%20Components%20list you will see part #14 which is the tumbler seal, one or more of them has deterioriated and needs to eb replaced. If you're going in there you may as well replace the berings, drum rollers and the belt.