Ask Accurate Appliance Service Your Own Q...
Accurate Appliance Service
Accurate Appliance Service, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  5 Years in business, Authorized Service Company for 3 manufacturers, NATE Cert. for HVAC
12391992

I have an LG Electric Dryer that is 2.5 years old. As the drum

I have an LG Electric Dryer that is 2.5 years old. As the drum rotates, there is a thumping noise. This noise happens at the bottom of the drum at each rotation.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Accurate Appliance Service replied 8 years ago.

They changed the composition of the drum rollers to make them less susceptible to "flat-spotting". Does the dryer make the noise when it is warm? If no noise when warm you will need to change the drum rollers. If the noise continues when warm the drum weld is probably cracked and you will either need to replace the drum or have it welded by an expert TIG weldor who is used to working on very fine gauge materials. I assume you have inspected the belt for any defects.