Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17years
6457309

My dishwasher stopped working part way through a cleaning cycle,

My dishwasher stopped working part way through a cleaning cycle, and now has no power. I checked the circuit, tried to do a reset, and checked that it was connected to power. any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Brian replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you provide make and model please?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

pdw8200n00ww model

lm881120b serial

Expert:  Brian replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Welcome to Just Answer.

Sorry to hear about your problem.

I would first verify that the breaker is on and look closely, because it is often hard to tell when a breaker is tripped. Then verify that you are getting power to the dishwasher; you can check this inside the junction box behind the front kick panel, under the dishwasher. If you are getting power to that point and the connections are good, then my next step would be to test any switches with a multimeter. If the door switch is defective, for example, the dishwasher will not run, thinking that the door is open.

If you need further help or clarification on this answer, please do not hesitate to reply to this post.

Thanks for asking your question at Just Answer.

Best of Luck, Brian

Please leave feedback at your convenience.