Edward, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Small and large Appliance Technician, Electronic Tech., Handyman, 40+ years ex

I have a SR52025CVW frig freezer, 6years old. The freezer

I have a SR52025CVW frig freezer, 6years old.    The freezer registers -22C but despite this I have found the food has been softening since yesterday. The doors were both closed OK. I have emptied both cabinets and will switch it back on again after 24 hours.   If it persists, I want to call out someone local.   I live in Leatherhead Surrey, KT23 4AJ .
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Do you have a question?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

The unit is not unduly frosted up but the food has definately got softer. I was wondering if the fan and element had got frosted up and thought 24 hours defrost would tell me more. If it doesn't work, I need someone to check it quickly as the contents are in freezer bags and they will warm up soon.

Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

The first thing I would reccomend is that you clean the coils under the refrigerator. This is something many consumers fail to do. It may require moving the refrigerator out from the wall to get all the coils clean. With the information you have provided the most common reason for the failure is a problem with the self defrost feature of the refrigerator. This will cause ice to form on the evaporator coils that are located in the back of the freezer compartment. Defrost failure is often caused by a failed defrost timer. If the defrost timer is not the problem the defrost heater or the defrost heater thermostat can also be the problem. These are located in the freezer compartment and can be accessed by removing the back panel inside the freezer compartment. These can be checked for opens with a volt/ohm meter. There is a fan in the freezer compartment that blows the cold air from the freezer to the refrigerator section to cool it. Make sure this fan is working. Below are 2 shops near you that can do the needed repairs.

Should you require further information or clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

Note: If the icons or other text makes the page unreadable please refresh the page. Sorry for this inconvenience.