The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business repairing Washing Machines etc etc.
12112589

Hi I have an electric fire which my x wife bought I am not

Hi I have an electric fire which my x wife bought I am not sure of the make or model however it is the same as most of the everyday electric fires. I have come home after being away for a while and the fire doesn't seem to work. I have been told that it was the fuse so I changed this with another 13A fuse and the fire still doesn't work, there is no power going to it at all. Have you any ideas of what the problem could be. Thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you very soon. Thank you. Dave.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Famous Forry replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer If there is no power going to it the first thing to check is the socket you are using.Try pluging something else into the socket and this will eliminate a possible faulty socket. Next is to try the fuse you put in the fire to see if it has blown! Try the fuse in something else just to see if it works or not. If it does not work then the fire has blown it showing the fire has some other fault. Next check the lead of the fire to make sure it has no breaks or other damage. Always remove the power supply before attempting to repair an appliance and or cable, ESPECIALLY while loking for cable damage!Come back to me if you have not been able to sort out from my answer.Thankyou. Please click the accept tab.