Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GE Profile Double Oven Model no. jkp27bowubb Fault

I have a GE Profile Double Oven Model no. jkp27bowubb Fault code F7 displays. Touch Pad is not stuck. Also tried having oven disconnected from power for a bit as trouble shooting guide suggests to no avail.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com. F7 on this product is a fault code for a stuck membrane switch. How are you able to verify that this is NOT the failure? The control is detecting that a circuit from the membrane is closed, causing the error code. The membrane switch is likely to blame, but if you are certain it is OK, the control is the culprit. You might try unplugging the ribbon cable from the membrane switch where it plugs into the board and GENTLY cleaning it with a pencil eraser and see if it comes back to life with no fault code. Let me know how you do....

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I should not have eliminated my certainty on the stuck membrane, so I should explore that first. If that does not work would the control unit be the problem?

So you suggest unplugging the ribbon cable from the membrane switch where it plugs into the board and GENTLY cleaning it with a pencil eraser and see if it comes back to life with no fault code. Can you tell me how I access the ribbbon cable tfrom the membrane switch
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.
The ribbon cable will just unplug from the board. There may be a plastic tab on each side "locking" it in place that you may need to release. If it still codes out, you need to replace the membrane switch. The control RARELY fails and gives this code, if ever. The controls are pretty accurate when throwing fault codes, especially membrane problems as they are a pretty straight forward failure.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
one last question- How dow I acccess the board-
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.
If you open the door to the top oven, there will be some screws under the control panel, probably (4) 1/4" screws. If you remove those screws, AFTER SWITCHING BREAKER OFF, the panel should lift up and then pull out to allow access to the control.