north durham appliance
north durham appliance, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  23yrs onroad service whirlpool/maytag specialist over 25,000 calls completed factory trained
12151129

Whirlpool Model #YGY396LXPS02. SERIAL #XU1208199. The front

Customer Question

Whirlpool Model #YGY396LXPS02. SERIAL #XU1208199. The front computer panel on the range shows "PF" and no buttons work. Therefore, the oven is not operational. We have used the manual and tried to reset everything, but no buttons work. We have unplugged the unit. We are able to use the stove but not the oven, due to the front panel. Do we need to replace the fuse? If so, where is it located?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  north durham appliance replied 6 years ago.
pf is code for power loss power is back now. try pushing cancel button and open stove door there are probably no fuses at all in this range only for the 115 volt plug in the console hope this helps and is an acepptible answer if so please click accept and thank you Kevin
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
We tried that. NO buttons actually work. Nothing in the manual works because we are unable to hold down any buttons. Is there anything we need to replace?
if the clock has power and there are no response to inputs then the clock is probably bad did it go out after an electical storm if so it s most likely gone i just loked up your model the clock is part #(NNN) NNN-NNNN213.83 here in canada but your stove glass has buttons that push through the glass to activate the clock assemblyit could be that the button is bad and not pressing the stove clock button if you remove the console glass you can push the actual button on the clock by hand unplug stove. Console should be able to be removed by opening the door look up there should be 3 to 4 screws holding down the console possibly 2 screws at the end caps of console too holding down the console hope this helps if it is an acceptible answer please click accept and thank you Kevin