Edward
Edward, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Small and large Appliance Technician, Electronic Tech., Handyman, 40+ years ex

THE CLEAR PLASTICE GREASE SHEILD ATTACHED TO THE DOOR OF MY

THE CLEAR PLASTICE GREASE SHEILD ATTACHED TO THE DOOR OF MY MICROWAVE HAS COME OFF. THIS CAUSES GREASE TO SPLATTER ON THE GLASS AND IT IS VERY HARD TO CLEAN BECAUSE OF THE GRILL WORK OVER THE GLASS. IS IT POSSIBLE FOR A REPLACEMENT OF THIS PIECE?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Edward replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

What is the make and model of the microwave?

How long have you owned the microwave?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
THANKS FOR ANSWERING. I NEED THE CLEAR PLASTIC PROTECTIVE GREASE/SPLATTER GUARD SHEET THAT COVERS THE GRATING ON THE INSIDE OF THE DOOR. IT SLOWLY PEELED OFF AND I HAD TO REMOVE THE ENTIRE PIECE. THE MICROWAVE IS 4 YEARS OLD. I USUALLY COVER WHAT I PUT IN THE MICROWAVE BUT SOMETIMES THE MOISTURE OR THE SPLATTER GO THROUGHT THE GRATING AND STAIN THE GLASS. IT IS VERY HARD TO KEEP CLEAN. THE MODEL# XXXXX XXXXX THE MAKE IS GENERAL ELECTRIC. HOPE THIS HELPS.
Expert:  Edward replied 5 years ago.

Any needed parts for this microwave can be purchased by clicking here. Any time the case or the door of the microwave is opened it is a good idea to have it checked to make sure it is not leaking microwave energy. When cleaning the inside of the microwave it will help to put a cup of water in the microwave and turn it on long enough to boil. This will help loosen anything that needs to be removed.

Should you require further information or clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

Note: If the icons or other text makes the page unreadable please refresh the page. Sorry for this inconvenience.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
SORRY TO TAKE SO LONG EDWARD. IS THAT WHAT THE PLASTIC COVIERING IS CALLED-FILM? IF SO, I WILL ACCEPT UPON RECEIVNG YOUR CONFIRMATION. THANK YOU
Expert:  Edward replied 5 years ago.

Yes, Door film part number PS247272 in the link I provided.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Regards,

Edward

Edward, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Small and large Appliance Technician, Electronic Tech., Handyman, 40+ years ex