north durham appliance
north durham appliance, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  23yrs onroad service whirlpool/maytag specialist over 25,000 calls completed factory trained
12151129

At Pizza Hut we have a large make-table and we are suposed

Customer Question

At Pizza Hut we have a large make-table and we are suposed to empty it at night. It seems to always be breaking down a couple weeks after the repair man fixes it. We take out everything at night but still leave it on. Could the problem be that it is running to hard to cool nothing being it is empty at night every day?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  north durham appliance replied 6 years ago.
no it is most likely a refrigerent leak problem or a pressure plate temp control not set right cuasing the cooling coil to frost up leaving empty at night would not effect it but if left empty at night why not turn off cooler it would save energy and money and should coolback down very fast when turned back on hope this helps please click accept and thank you Kevin
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well the repair man should have fixed that already? Maybe it's just too old. We need it to be 33degrees-40degrees and right now its above 40degrees and the lids are closed when not in use?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So if the food was left in there at night would that make a difference? Most often we put all items from the maketable into are large walkin at night and last night the night crew didn't. The food was left in the maketable could that lower the temp? or does full or empty have nothing to do with it?
it wont get to 33 degres at best 36 to 40 maybe your question should be directed to the repairperson if there is food in it or not it should make no difference whatsoever to the operation or temp
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It does have two places where water leak or condense? There is no frost build up. There are two large tubs in the bottom part of the make table. They fill up with water every few days we have to empty them. Yesterday - I came to work and the table was empty. The tub had ice formed in it. Today the table was left up (all the food in it over night) and the water in the tubs was not frozen?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The repair man has fixed it several times over the past year but it is alright for a few weeks then breaks down again?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
36-40 degrees is acceptable resturaunt standards but above 40 isn't
i know never said it wasnt the food prep table wont go below 36 though.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I guess I don't quite understand? Should it be leaking on the inside? Can you give me a list of what the possible problems could be? This didn't take much of your time yet did it? and you didn't address all my questions. Why would the water be frozen one morning and not the next? Accept $15.00 (and I am low income - less than $20,000 a year -maybe I should have went with the economy price f $9.00? No offense just hope your not irritated with my questions sounds like your impatient and busy - me too -north durham appliance) to the respondent who answers clear, consice and covers all angles. Thanks you so much.......If we do turn the empty table off at night.....would this take more energy to cool each morning? Could it hurt the table to turn it off every night? Like computers they say not to turn them off and on all the time.......Thank you Thank you Thank you ;)
ok i will try to answer my best but shouldnt these question be put to the service tech yoour paying to keep coming back if ther is a refrigerent leak it will have no smell or indication except prep table stops working every couple of weeks there are no traditional temp setting thermostats in these temp is set through internal gas pressure in the refrigerent lines if temp platesetting is out cooler could run too long causing the cooling coil to frost up there is no heat assisted defrost it has to cycle defrost which means the cooler shuts down before reaching the freezing point 32 degrees the comp should cycle off and on every few minutes when working correctly the energy used to recool,. this unit would be far less to get back down to tempature than allowing to run all night the reason i believe it keeps breaking down would be low refrigerent slow leak or badly adjusted presure plate temp control not allowing the unit to cycle defrost cuasing a large frost build up I hope this clarifys things more for you now you can grill the service tech and know if he knows what he is talking about what does he say the problem is ? it should not be leaking on the inside it will produce a lot of water especially if in a warm humid climate but this water should be draining into the drain pan by the compressor unit sounds like you might need a new service tech if he has no answers for you
see i was right wasted my time no payment thanks any ways hope you get the cooler problem worked out
Experience: 23yrs onroad service whirlpool/maytag specialist over 25,000 calls completed factory trained
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks.
thank you very much if you need any other questions answered regarding this issue just ask there is no further charges as long as it relates to this matter thanks Kevin