north durham appliance
north durham appliance, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  23yrs onroad service whirlpool/maytag specialist over 25,000 calls completed factory trained
12151129

how to replace bellow in whirlpool front load washer

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer

What is the model number of your unit, please?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ghw9250mw1, and i'm ordering part online
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ghw9250mw1, i'm ordering part online

Sorry for the delay replying. I have a emergency call out that I must go to.

I will opt out and this will open the question up to other experts to answer.

Sorry for the inconvienence.

Expert:  north durham appliance replied 8 years ago.
hello to replace the door seal you have to remove bottom kick plate panel 3 screws the lid assembly 3 screws at the back .remove soap dispenser by depressing lock tab down where soap goes in next the front console will have to be removed 1 screw by the soap dispenser housing 1 tab inside on the right hand portion of the console also before console removal trim pieces below console have to be removed by inserting a putty knife behind them and prying firmly now open the door there is a spring tension clamp on the outside edge of the door seal remove this unbolt 3 screws holding door latch in place now you will be able to remove 4 screws at 4 corners of door frame assembly remove door frame assembly you will now be able to access inner door seal clamp re,move clamp remove bellow and replace reassemble washer hope this helps please click accept and thank you if you need more help just ask Kevin
Experience: 23yrs onroad service whirlpool/maytag specialist over 25,000 calls completed factory trained
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thank you kevin, as soon as the part comes in i will take this step by step, i do appreciate your directions, i'll let you know how it turns out-cheryl
your welcome good luck if you need more info just ask good luck ive changed lots it takes me about 20 mins now but first 1 was over 45 mins