north durham appliance
north durham appliance, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  23yrs onroad service whirlpool/maytag specialist over 25,000 calls completed factory trained

My name isXXXXX and we own a Whirlpool Accubake system

My name isXXXXX and we own a Whirlpool Accubake system convection electric stove, mod gr450lxlq0, ser 1mp201580830d. We have enjoyed five years of perfect service untill last month when the lower oven coil stopped heating when turned on. We called an appliance repairman and he tested the lower heating and indicated that the coil checks ok. He indicated it might be the much more expensive "board" as he could not locate a fuse. What do you think and are we still in warranty?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  north durham appliance replied 8 years ago.
there might be a fuse on the red wire wire leaving the terminal block where the cord attaches to the stove it wont look like a conventional fuse but a big heat shrink wrapped bulb just up from where the wire attaches to the terminal block if the broil function is working then this would not be the problem if broil is working it is most likely that the oven clock control board has a bad bake relay the part # XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNN cost is 255.00 here in canada I would check board for input to bake relay then output on bake terminal on the clock to confirm this is the problem before ordering as this part would not be returnable if you are incorrect hope this helps and is an acceptible answer if so please click accept and thank you Kevin these clocks may carry a 5 year limited warranty it would state the warranty in your owners manual if you can locate call whirlpool with ypour model and serial # XXXXX they will tell you the warranty