north durham appliance
north durham appliance, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  23yrs onroad service whirlpool/maytag specialist over 25,000 calls completed factory trained
12151129

My 4 year old Maytag SAV4710AWW washer is leaking water from

My 4 year old Maytag SAV4710AWW washer is leaking water from the bottom of the washer. Not from hoses. What is the possible reason(s) ? And, how much will that cost me to repair it in California ?
this is an econowash washer design you can remove the front panel to see if it is the drain pump it most likely is this pump is difficult to change it reqiures the removal of the motor and pump together the pumps are about 60. 00 here in canada probably less in the us and then any service fees it should be able to be repaired for around 100 to 120 dollars thats what it would cost here maybe less in the U.S. hope this helps if it is an acceptible please click accept and thank you Kevin
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
After repairing the pumps, how long will the washer last ? Will some other parts failed the coming couple years. Would you recommend to repair the washer   OR   buy a similar one and use it for another 4 years ?
if it is just the pump it is a minor problem these washer are built like tanks they do hold up for a long time i would repair it if its just the pump they are a fairly reliable non complex washer it should last but only god knows for sure
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
How much time would the technician need to repair the washer ?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Please tell me how long it will take to repair the washer.
it should take about 30 to 45 mins to install the washer drain pump