north durham appliance
north durham appliance, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  23yrs onroad service whirlpool/maytag specialist over 25,000 calls completed factory trained

maytag washer model mav505aww you told me to replace lid switch

Customer Question

maytag washer model mav505aww: you told me to replace lid switch kit and I did..still nothing..the only thing the washer does is, if I adjust the water level to mini to the next the water will fill then stop. I put the knob on every cycle and nothing happens.. no agiation, no spin, draining, rinse, no nothing, but power works and water level works. It's worse enough I went without electricy for 2 weeks..yes Houston..IKE I can't wash at all. This really sucks because I had to go to the washateria last night...years since I did that. Should I take the panel off and see if the belt has broken. What else could it be..the switch was 30 bucks, but I just hate to call someone else out with gouchers out there already from the hurricane. Can you help me out again, the washer will not respond or even try when using the dial, no noises other than hearing the dial turn. If the belt is broken, would this cause the machine not to respond to any of the options? thanks..Cheryl
Category: Appliance
Expert:  north durham appliance replied 8 years ago.
ive looked up your washer for you the wiring diagramfor motor circuit shows power in to water level switch when full of water contacts 7 to 16 white to yellow should be closed onwater level s/w timer contacts 16 to 31 and 18 to 32 should close you should get power to the motor at the yellow wire to the red or black wire the only other thing it could be is a bad lid switch or broken wiring hope this helps the belt would not cuase the washer to not allow the motor to run you would hear the motor running