Bob Schauer
Bob Schauer, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience in commercial and domestic appliance repair

We have a new Bosch dishwasher SGS45CO2. The problem is that

Customer Question

We have a new Bosch dishwasher SGS45CO2. The problem is that the "check water" light is on and the machine is apparently still trying to empty when there is no water left. We have checked water supply, kinks in hose and tap and all is OK as well as holding reset. It seems stuck in this mode and won't wash. Your help would be appreciated.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob Schauer replied 8 years ago.
HelloCustomer My name isXXXXX think it would be a good idea to locate the valve for your machine and with the water off loosen the connection and check inside the connection on the valve to see if you have an obstruction. If no obstruction visiable then the next step would be to test the power to the valve during fill cycle. You can connect a volt meter to the connections at the valve or you can make a test cord by putting a light socket on one end of a lamp cord and a couple of alligator clips on the other end. Attach clips to connects on valve and start the dishwasher into a fill cycle. See if bulb lights and for how long. If it isn't long enough or not at all then the control is bad. If the bulb does light then the valve may be bad. I hope that this will help you to make an informed decision on how to proceed to correct your problem. If you feel it has then please leave positive feedback. Thank you for using Just Answer. Bob
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The suggested solution turned out to be more technical than I expected, so I decided to contact a Bosch specialist who discovered a leak which was causing the problem. Thanks for your suggestion anyway.
Ok, I hope that it works for you and thanks for using Just Answer. Bob