north durham appliance
north durham appliance, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  23yrs onroad service whirlpool/maytag specialist over 25,000 calls completed factory trained

I have a Maytag Neptune Dryer Model #MDG4000BWW. It will turn

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Neptune Dryer Model #MDG4000BWW. It will turn on and rotate but I am getting no heat. The timer doesn't seem to complete it's cycle but that may be because it doesn't sense that the clothes are getting dry.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  north durham appliance replied 8 years ago.
the timer will not advance on auto settings if the dryer will not heat look to the burner assembly for a burnt out ignitor or saftey thermostat you can access this by removeing 2 screws on inner edge of front panel assemmbly when door is open and the 2 screws holding the door hinges on. Remove door assembly the the front panel will pull foward and off then you will be able to see the gas valve assembly you will need to use a ohm tester to test the glow coil for the burner and thermostats 1 of these is most likely your problem if this answer helps and is acceptible please click accept and thank you Kevin