Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

will the Whirlpool ice maker kit(NNN) NNN-NNNNreplace my factory installed one in my URS48

Ice maker in my Traulsen URS48DT (installed 1987)slowed and then stopped making ice even tho freezer temp is - 2.0 degrees F. I find it appears to be similar (identical?) to the Whirlpool kit(NNN) NNN-NNNN Does the whirlpool kit replace the inoperative one? I note it does replace the ice maker in many brands but do not see my box brand listed. If not do you have a suggested replacement?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.

Hi, thanks for using I suspect the Whirlpool icemaker will work in your unit. However, I have no lookup for Traulsen products. The Whirlpool modular icemaker is widely used by many brands and is by far the most reliable. If it looks liek yours, it will likely work. I will add that you can get that icemaker cheaper by ordering part number ECKMF94 instead of the(NNN) NNN-NNNN You also get a new valve and ice bucket with the kit vs. just the icemaker.