north durham appliance
north durham appliance, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  23yrs onroad service whirlpool/maytag specialist over 25,000 calls completed factory trained

How do I replace my soap dispenser on Whirlpool Gold dishwasher

How do I replace my soap dispenser on Whirlpool Gold dishwasher? I think we broke the little tab handle on the orig due to trying to stuff in one of those soap nuggets. We bought a new one from Whirlpool but cannot seem to find documentation on how to open things up to replace.
please give model # XXXXX i can tell you how
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

you have to remove the outer door panel open the door remove screws that hold door panel on 4 each side on outer edge of inner door panel when door is open. Remove panel you will now see the dispensor it is held in place with 6 3/16 nuts and 2 little locking tabs remove screws release tabs and remove disp it will go into the inside of the dishwasher hope this helps if acceptible please click accept and thank you kevin
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
hhhmmmmm...ours has 6 on each side and 2 on the top. Do we remove ALL? Should we unplug from electrical power?
you can remove them all but the top hold the console in place its not neccessary to remove it yes definitly turn off power to the dishwasher to be safe good luck the top screws that hold the console on dont have to be removed generally 2 on top edge 1to2 on top portion of side of door you just have to remove the metal front door panel not the plastic console assembly