The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

I just had a 48 Monogram refrigerator delivered last week

Customer Question

I just had a 48" Monogram refrigerator delivered last week after the previous one had water (condensation) dripping from the bottom and sides of the freezer unit. This is now happening again after 6 days with the new unit. It is ruining my harwood floors. What would cause a refrigerator to drip so much that it pools under the unit?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 8 years ago.

This is very unusual. Are both units exactly the same? If they are then this may be a manufacturers defect that the company is not yet aware of.

If the unit does not have sufficient insulation around the freezer unit then the warmer air outside of the unit will condense the moisture it contains on the cooler surface of the freezer. The moisture then drips down onto your floor.

I suggest that you call the people you did last time and advise them that this is occuring again. As I said before it may be a manufacturers defect that they just are not aware of yet.

If this answer satisfies your question please click the accept button. I will not be paid if you dont.
You can always ask follow up questions after you accept. I will be here to answer them.
If for some reason you are not happy. Please tell me before you accept.
Feedback is how we make sure we provide the best answers available.
Please click on the "Leave Feedback" link after you have accepted. A simple "good job" is all it takes.

Best regards, XXXXX XXXXX Smithy